George keeps it simple and creates a beautiful barbecued broccoli dish
Air Date: 11 May 2017
Recipe by: George Calombaris
- Preheat the hibachi grill or barbeque.
- For the Barbequed Broccoli, trim the main stem from each head of broccoli.
- Cut the sides away from the middle of each head of broccoli to leave a cross section steak piece. Trimmings can be reserved for other use.
- Season broccoli with sea salt and place onto the preheated grill or barbeque. Cover with some aluminium foil/ a large metal bowl until charred on one side, about 10 minutes. Drizzle the top of broccoli with extra virgin olive oil and flip to char on the other side.
- For the Dressing, place all ingredients except for the sesame seeds, into a food processor and blitz until smooth and sugar has dissolved. Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Transfer the dressing to a bowl and add toasted sesame seeds. Stir well until fully incorporated.
- To serve, spoon some of the Dressing onto the middle of the plate and use the back of a spoon to smooth into a circle. Add the piece of Barbequed Broccoli then pipe some of the Hung Yoghurt on top. Finish with oyster leaf and broccoli leaves.
Watch Full Episodes