Beetroot Kibbeh with Smoked Yoghurt Sauce
Recipe by: Blue Team
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- For the Beetroot Kibbeh, place bulgar into a small bowl, cover with water and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel beetroot, cut into cubes and place in a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat. Transfer beetroot to a flat baking tray lined with baking paper and roast in the pre-heated oven until beetroot is soft, about 45 minutes. When roasted, remove from oven and set aside until needed.
- Deseed chillies and place into a stick blender canister. Peel the garlic and add to the canister along with the spices, pepper and salt, and blitz with a stick blender until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and set aside until needed.
- Roughly chop the onion then place in a stick blender canister and purée. Place the onion purée into a fine sieve lined with a piece of muslin cloth. Gather up the corners of the muslin and squeeze out the onion liquid, leaving the pulp. Add the drained pulp to the chilli mixture and blitz with stick blender until the mixture is incorporated and smooth. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and set aside until needed.
- Place the roast beetroot into a stick blender canister and blitz until a smooth purée. Add the beetroot purée to the chilli and onion mix and stir well to combine.
- Drain the bulgar wheat well. Add the bulgar, olive oil and juice from half a lemon to the chilli mixture and fold in well to combine. Season to taste with salt and set aside until needed.
- For the Cauliflower Purée, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil then add cauliflower and boil until very tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain and return cauliflower to saucepan. Add half of the butter to the saucepan and cook, stirring until cauliflower is browned. Deglaze the pan with 2 tsp water.
- Transfer the cauliflower and pan juices to a blender and add remaining butter. Pulse until a smooth purée and season to taste. Transfer the purée to a small bowl and set aside until needed.
- For the Smoked Yoghurt Sauce, place yoghurt into a small bowl. Cover with cling film then, using a smoking gun, fill bowl with smoke, remove nozzle, reseal bowl tightly and allow yoghurt to smoke for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place grated cucumber into a sieve lined with a piece of muslin cloth. Gather up the edges of the muslin and squeeze out excess liquid.
- When yoghurt has smoked, add drained cucumber to the yoghurt, add remaining lemon juice and season to taste before serving.
Watch Full Episodes