Recipe by: Adam D'Sylva - Contestant
- Preheat one oven to 160⁰C.
- Pin bone trout, remove skin and cut into presentation sized pieces. Place prepared trout into a small bowl with mirin to marinate.
- For the salad, combine lime leaves, mango and chili. Toast sesame seeds and wash herbs, ready to dress and combine at the last minute.
- Place wok back onto the heat and sear ocean trout until slightly caramelized. Carefully remove from the wok onto a tray.
- For sauce, wipe out and re-heat the wok, add oil and allow to heat. Add garlic, ginger and chili, fry for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add black pepper, chicken stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, castor sugar and butter. Check for correct balance of sweet and salty. Add butter, stirring vigorously to emulsify the butter and liquid, until it coats the back of the spoon. Add trout and coat well.
- In a medium bowl, combine salad ingredients with lime juice and crab meat, gently stir to coat. Arrange trout on plate with sauce, salad, sesame seeds and fried eschallots.
Watch Full Episodes