Recipe by: Matt Preston
- Preheat oven to 90C
- Heat oil in a flameproof roasting pan over high heat. Cook wings for about 10 minutes until golden. Add onions and sprinkle over milk powder. Cook until wings are deep golden, turning regularly. Drain off any excess fat. Pour in enough water to submerge wings. Carefully place pan in oven for 2.5 hours.
- Carefully remove pan from oven, and add remaining ingredients, adding more water if necessary. Return to oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain mixture through a fine sieve into a container. Place in freezer overnight.
- Remove from freezer. Place a rack over a container or dish large enough for the ice block of stock to strain. Line rack with a piece of muslin or cheese cloth. Place the block of stock onto the muslin, then refrigerate for 24 hours to thaw, and allow pure stock to drain into the container. Discard impurities that have not strained through.
- Serve consommé with desired ingredients, such as chicken and sweet corn or tortellini.
Watch Full Episodes