Recipe by: Kira Westwick - Contestant
Serves: Serves 4
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Place all guacamole ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine, set aside.
- Place all the fresh salsa ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine, set aside.
- Place the lime zest and salt in a mortar and pestle and crush to combine, set aside.
- To make the chipotle salsa, Place tomatoes, capsicum, garlic and olive oil on a roasting tray, season with salt and place in the oven. Cook until softened, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to sit covered with foil for 10 minutes then peel and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Place the chorizo in a frypan and place over medium heat, cook until it starts to brown about 3 minutes. Add the red onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the cumin and paprika and cook until fragrant. Add the reserved, chopped roasted tomatoes, capsicums and garlic, tomato puree, honey, red wine vinegar and chipotle chillies and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, lower heat and allow to simmer until reduced and thickened, about 6-7 minutes. Season to taste, add the black beans and stir to combine. Create 4 holes in the salsa, break an egg into each one, cover frypan and continue cooking salsa until eggs are cooked through but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, place all the smoothie ingredients in a blender and process until really smooth.
- To serve, spoon out egg with some salsa. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with coriander. Sprinkle with lime salt. Serve with guacamole, fresh salsa and smoothie on the side.
Watch Full Episodes