Chocolate Beetroot Parfait with Botrytis Raspberry Jelly
Recipe by: Miles Pritchett - Contestant
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Chocolate Beetroot Parfait, place gelatine in a bowl of iced water and set aside to bloom. Place cream into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip to soft peaks. Transfer half of the whipped cream into a piping bag and set aside in the fridge for plating. Set remaining whipped cream aside on the bench for the Parfait.
- Place egg yolks into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat sugar and 50ml water in a small saucepan to 121C.
- With the mixer running on half speed, add sugar syrup in a slow steady stream to the eggs then turn to high speed and continue to whisk until glossy, about 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add the grated beetroot and cook for 1 minute. Strain beetroot and set aside.
- Place a small saucepan of water over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place chocolate into a medium sized bowl, sit over the saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted. Add beetroot, melted chocolate and softened gelatine into the mixer with the egg mixture and whisk until combined. Fold whipped cream through then pour into six 7cm dome moulds set on a tray. Place into the freezer until set.
- For the Botrytis Raspberry Jelly, place gelatine into a bowl of iced water and set aside to bloom.
- Place botrytis semillon into a small saucepan over low heat and bring to a simmer then remove from heat. Squeeze out gelatine to remove excess water and add to the saucepan of hot botrytis, stir well until gelatine has dissolved.
- Place 4 raspberries into each base of 6 plastic dariole moulds. Divide botrytis gelatine mixture evenly into each mould, covering the raspberries and set aside in the fridge until set.
- For the Wafer, melt sugar in a small frypan over medium heat until golden. Spread cardamom and coconut onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Once sugar is ready, pour over the cardamom and coconut and set aside to cool and set.
- When set, break up praline into shards, place into a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place a 7cm pastry ring or biscuit cutter onto the lined tray. Using a small fine sieve, sprinkle on a thin layer of praline crumb. Use a pastry brush to remove excess praline from outside the ring then carefully remove ring and repeat across the tray with remaining mix. Place tray into the oven to bake until melted and golden, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To serve, unmould Botrytis Raspberry Jelly at one end of the plate. Pipe reserved whipped cream around jelly and surround the cream with fresh raspberries. Unmould Chocolate Beetroot Parfait at the other end of plate and top with a Wafer.
Watch Full Episodes