Chocolate Brownie with Walnut Crumb and Salted Caramel Sauce
Recipe by: Red Team
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line an 18cm x 28cm baking tray with baking paper.
- For the Crème Fraiche Cream, whip cream until thickened slightly. Add crème fraiche and vanilla and whisk until just combined. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside in fridge.
- For the Chocolate Brownie, melt chocolate, butter and caster sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until combined. Remove from heat and set aside until slightly cooled, about 5 minutes.
- Once cooled slightly, add eggs, vanilla, almond meal and walnuts and mix until fully combined. Pour mixture into prepared tray and bake until just firm, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled, cut into 8 portions and set aside.
- Increase oven to 180C.
- For the Salted Caramel Sauce, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk until sugar has dissolved completely. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add salt to taste and set aside, keeping warm.
- For the Walnut Crumb, line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine all ingredients together in a food processor to a coarse crumb. Spread crumb onto lined baking tray and place into the oven to bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, place into a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb.
- To serve, arrange Walnut Crumb in a diagonal line across each serving plate. Place a Chocolate Brownie in the middle. Pour warm Salted Caramel Sauce over the brownie and pipe on some Crème Fraiche Cream.
Watch Full Episodes