Confit Carrots, Nuts and Grains
Recipe by: Blue Team
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix crème fraiche and yoghurt together in a small bowl. Season with salt and set aside in fridge until needed.
- Peel and grate carrots. Place into a small saucepan with butter, cover and cook over low heat until carrots are soft and tender, about 20-25minutes. Drain butter and season carrots with salt to taste. Set aside until needed.
- Wash both freekeh and quinoa in a sieve under running water. Place into a medium saucepan and cover with water. Simmer over low heat until al dente, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside until needed.
- Place nuts on roasting tray and roast until golden, about 5 minutes. When roasted, remove from oven and set aside on the tray until needed.
- To serve, spoon crème fraiche mix in to the idle of the serving plate.
- Top with combined grains and nuts and season with salt. Top with Confit Carrot.
Watch Full Episodes