Deconstructed Baklava Cheesecake
This deconstructed baklava cheesecake highlights the different textures and elements of white chocolate, mixed nuts, fig and pomegranate.
Recipe by: Blue Team
- Heat oven to 180C.
- For the White Chocolate Cheesecake, fill a medium saucepan one third of the way with water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place white chocolate in a medium stainless steel bowl and set over the hot saucepan, so the bowl is not touching the water. Set aside, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove bowl from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese and thickened cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk on low to medium speed until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally to ensure both ingredients are well incorporated. Add double cream, lemon zest, and vanilla seeds and continue to whisk on medium speed until well combined and mixture is smooth. Add lemon juice and salt flakes and whisk to combine.
- Slowly add melted white chocolate while continuing to whisk until completely combined and mixture is smooth with no lumps. Transfer the mixture to a large piping bag and set aside in fridge, to chill, until serving.
- For the Baklava Crumb, spread walnuts and almonds evenly on a baking tray and place in oven to bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Spread oats evenly on a baking tray and place in oven to bake until toasted and lightly golden, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Transfer toasted nuts and oats to a food processor and process until a coarse crumb. Add butter, honey and spices and pulse to combine. Transfer mixture to a baking tray and spread evenly. Place in oven to bake, stirring halfway through, until golden, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside, to cool, until serving.
- To serve, pipe 3–4 tablespoons of White Chocolate Cheesecake in a beehive shaped mound in the centre of each serving bowl. Top with a spoonful of Baklava Crumb. Add wedges of fresh fig and garnish with pomegranate seeds and dried rose petals.
Watch Full Episodes