Dosa with Coconut Chutney and Prune Chutney
Loki cooks up an Indian inspired dish for the immunity challenge. These savoury pancakes are perfectly served with Coconut and Prune Chutney.
Recipe by: Loki Madireddi - Contestant
- For the Dosa, place rice flour, semolina, bi carb soda, sour cream, lemon juice, crushed fenugreek seeds, and salt in a bowl and stir to combine. Add 120ml water, while whisking, until a smooth batter. Set aside to rest for 25 minutes.
- To cook, heat a large non stick frypan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan then ¼ cup batter. Spread batter with the back of a spoon to form a 15cm pancake. Spoon another teaspoon oil around edge of pancake. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and cook until crisp. Flip pancake over and cook until crisp. Remove from frypan and set aside until serving. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as necessary.
- For the Prune Chutney, place all ingredients and 1 cup water in a saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer until water evaporates. Remove from heat and mash prunes with a spoon. Divide between 4 small serving ramekins. Set aside until serving.
- For the Coriander and Coconut Chutney, place coconut, coriander, dried red chilli, macadamia nuts, cumin seeds, and 2 whole garlic cloves into a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Place a small frypan on medium heat. Add oil and when hot, add finely chopped garlic and curry leaves. Cook until fragrant then add to the paste and stir to combine. Divide between 4 small serving ramekins. Set aside until serving.
- To serve, place 2 Dosa onto each serving plate and add ramekins of Coconut, Coriander Chutney and Prune Chutney on the side.
Watch Full Episodes