Recipe by: Blue Team
- For the Flaky Flatbread, mix together all dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook, then add 200ml water and mix on a low speed until ingredients are incorporated. Continue mixing until a soft dough is formed, about 3 minutes.
- With oiled hands, take out dough and roll into a log. Portion into 6 and place on an oiled tray. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Oil a clean work surface and, using your hands, stretch each dough ball into a rough square around 15 x 15cm.
- Fold the top third down and the bottom third up, resulting in a long, wide rectangle.
- Fold the left third across and the right third across, resulting in a small, neat square.
- Using your hands again, gently press and stretch the folded parcel back into a rough square around 15 x 15cm.
- Melt the butter and mix with the olive oil.
- Use a pastry brush to grease a flat pan or grill generously with the oil and butter mix.
- Cook flatbreads on each side until golden brown and crisp.
- Season with a little extra salt. Cut or tear into portions and set aside, keeping warm, until needed.
Watch Full Episodes