Green Team's Tiramisu
Recipe by: Green Team
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Coffee Jelly, place gelatine into a bowl of cold water and set aside to soften.
- Combine all ingredients except for the gelatine in a large pot over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then continue to simmer over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Squeeze out gelatine to remove excess water then add to the coffee liquid and stir until gelatine has dissolved. Strain into an 8cm x 17cm shallow tray then place into the fridge to set. Once set, remove from the fridge and score the jelly into 1cm cubes. Place jelly cubes onto a paper lined tray and set aside in the fridge until needed.
- For the Mascarpone Mousse, place the cream cheese and mascarpone into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment and whisk until combined. Add icing sugar and vanilla paste and continue to whisk until combined. With the mixer still running, slowly add thickened cream and continue to whip until mixture is light and fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside in the fridge until needed.
- For the Marsala Syrup, combine all ingredients in small saucepan and place over medium heat. Reduce until slightly thickened and syrupy then remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- For the Rhubarb Gel, place gelatine into a bowl of cold water and set aside to soften.
- Combine rhubarb, sugar and 35ml water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until rhubarb has collapsed then remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Squeeze out gelatine to remove excess water, add to the hot rhubarb liquid and stir until dissolved. Strain into a clean small bowl and set aside.
- For the Sablé Crumb, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place all the ingredients into the bowl of food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Spread onto prepared tray and bake until golden brown in the centre, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled, return Sablé to food processor and process to a fine soil. Set aside until needed.
- For the Almond Praline, line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread flaked almonds onto the lined tray and roast in oven until lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, reserve ½ a cup of the roasted almonds for garnish and and set remaining almonds aside on the tray until needed.
- Meanwhile, place sugar, 15ml water and salt in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat and cook until amber in colour. Remove from heat and pour over the toasted almonds then set aside to cool. Once cool, break into shards and process in a food processor to a coarse crumb. Set aside until needed.
- To serve, brush a line of the Marsala Syrup across the serving plate. Streak two parallel lines of the Rhubarb Gel across the line of Marsala Syrup. Pipe mounds of the Mascarpone Mousse onto the plate, placing some chocolate shavings, Sable Crumb, Almond Praline and roasted almond flakes around the mounds of mousse. Stand a halved strawberry against two of the mounds of mousse. Finish with strawberry quarters, raspberries and mint leaves around the plate.
Watch Full Episodes