Indian Doughnuts with Rosewater and Pistachios
These warm, tasty Indian doughnuts nut are the perfect dessert for an after dinner delight
Recipe by: White Team
- Preheat deep fryer to 165C.
- For the Donut, place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment. Mix until a smooth thick batter forms. Remove bowl from stand and set aside in a warm place, loosely covered, until doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
- Dip a soup spoon into the hot oil then pipe a 5cm ball of donut mixture onto the spoon. Slide donut from spoon into the fryer and fry until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from oil and set aside, to drain, on paper towel. Repeat with remaining dough.
- For the Sugar Syrup, place sugar and 250ml water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once sugar has dissolved, add rose water and cardamom, reduce heat and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to steep for 30 minutes. Pass through a fine sieve into a pouring jug.
- To serve, place donuts onto a large plate and drizzle with Sugar Syrup. Finish with a sprinkle of crushed pistachios and rose petals.
Watch Full Episodes