Mascarpone and White Chocolate Cheesecake
This recipe of the Blue team’s is for a refreshing dessert including a wide range of flavours such as White Chocolate to Coconut Jelly.
Recipe by: Blue Team
- Preheat oven to 180C. Pre chill ice-cream machine.
- For the Mango Sorbet, place the mango flesh in a blender and process until smooth. Pass the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl.
- Place 125g of the mango puree and liquid glucose into a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and warm until smooth and glossy. Remove from heat, add bloomed gelatine and stir until dissolved. Add remaining mango, citric acid and salt. Stir well to combine. Place in ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. Once churned, place sorbet in freezer until serving.
- For the Coconut Water Jelly, combine the sugar and agar agar in a small bowl and set aside. Place coconut water into a medium saucepan, add sugar and agar agar mixture and whisk to combine. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Add salt, whisk and continue to boil for 1 minute. Strain through a fine sieve into a 9cm X 15cm baking tray. Place in freezer until set. Cut into 1/2cm cubes and set aside in fridge until serving.
- For the coconut milk jelly, combine the sugar and agar agar together and set aside. Place coconut milk and coconut juice in a medium saucepan. Add sugar and agar agar mixture and whisk to combine. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, add salt, whisk and continue to boil for 1 minute. Strain through a fine sieve into a 9cm X 15cm pan and place in the freezer until firm. Cut jelly into ½ cm cubes and set aside in fridge until serving.
- For the Honey and Macadamia Crumb, place macadamia nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add plain flour and sugar and blend until well combined. Add butter and blend until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Spread onto a paper lined baking tray. Drizzle evenly with honey and lightly stir the mixture. Place in the oven to bake until golden brown, stirring half way through, about 18- 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside, to cool, until serving.
- For the White Chocolate and Mascarpone Mousse, place the white chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, place the milk and 65ml cream in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat. Heat until the mixture reaches 80C. Remove from heat and slowly add a little to the whisked egg yolks and sugar, while whisking, Add the remainder while continuing to whisk. Pour mixture back into the saucepan and place over low heat, mixing constantly until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour the hot mixture over the white chocolate and set aside for 1 minute. Stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Add gelatine and stir until incorporated. Strain into a clean bowl and set aside in fridge to cool.
- Place remaining 225ml cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk until soft peaks form. Place the mascarpone cheese into a large bowl and stir until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream, a little at a time.
- Add about ¼ of the mascarpone and cream to the cooled chocolate mixture, and stir to combine. Add the remainder and fold to combine. Place in fridge to set. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside until serving.
- For the Toasted Coconut, place the shredded and flaked coconut onto small, paper lined baking trays. Place in oven to bake until golden and toasted, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside until serving.
- To serve, arrange the Honey and Macadamia Crumb in a crescent shape on each plate. Sprinkle the Toasted Coconut over the crumb. Pipe three dollops of White Chocolate and Mascarpone Mousse around the crumb. Place Coconut Water Jellies and Coconut Milk Jellies over the crumb. Spoon small amounts of passionfruit pulp around the crumb and sprinkle with a small amount of fresh thyme leaves. Finish with scoops of Mango Sorbet.
Watch Full Episodes