Recipe by: Charlie Carrington
- For the Milk Chocolate Ganache, warm the cream in a small saucepan over low heat to 80°C. Remove from the heat, then add the milk chocolate and whisk until completely smooth. Set aside to cool until needed.
- For the Praline, place the sugar into a small frypan over a low heat and melt, swirling the pan occasionally, until dark amber in colour. Remove from the heat, add cashews and mix well to coat the cashews in caramel. Pour onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and set aside to cool completely. Once cool, break into shards, place into a food processor and process to a fine crumb. Set aside in an airtight container.
- For the Cherry Compote, combine cherries and ginger beer in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until reduced to a jam-like consistency then remove from the heat, stir in salt, and set aside.
- For the Ginger Beer Espuma, combine the ginger beer and mascarpone in a small saucepan over low heat and warmly gently, whisking until combined. Remove from the heat and transfer to an iSi gun. Charge twice, shaking well between each charge, and set aside to cool.
- For the Fried Brioche, remove the crusts from the brioche slices and cut each slice in half. Sprinkle the brioche pieces with sugar. Heat the butter in a large frypan over medium heat until it melts and begins to foam. Once the butter is foaming, add the pieces of sugared brioche and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and place onto paper towel. Season with salt and set aside until needed.
- To serve, place 2 portions of the Fried Brioche onto each serving plate. Top with some Cherry Compote and a rocher of Milk Chocolate Ganache. Dispense some of the Ginger Beer Espuma onto the Ganache. Finish with a sprinkle of the Praline.
Watch Full Episodes