Mixed Mushroom Dumplings
Recipe by: Blue Team
- To make dumpling dough, stir flour, salt and 1 cup boiling water together to form a dough. Knead for 5 minutes or until a smooth, soft dough forms. Place the dough in a bowl and cover; rest for 30 minutes. Once rested, roll dumpling dough onto a lightly floured work surface to 2mm thick. Use a 7cm round cutter to cut out rounds. Set aside on a floured baking tray, covered in cling film, until needed.
- For mushroom filling, heat 20ml oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add garlic, coriander, spring onions and ginger and cook for 2 minutes until aromatic. Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and salt and cook for a further minute. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a bowl, allowing to cool slightly.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of the mixture in to the middle of a dough round. Fold the dough in half to form a semi circle and pinch edges together at the top of the dumpling to seal. Use fingers to pleat edges inwards toward the middle of the seam. Set aside on a lightly floured tray and repeat with remaining dough rounds.
- Heat oil in one or two large fry pans. When hot, add pot stickers making sure they come in contact with the oil and cook for 2 minutes on one side. Add 1 cup of water to each pan, cover and steam until pot stickers are tender, about 8-9 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook dumplings until bases are golden and crisp, a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- For the Chilli Oil, place all ingredients in a saucepan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, over low heat. Remove from heat and set aside to allow oil to infuse for 30 minutes. Once infused, strain into a small ramekin and set aside until needed.
- For the Miso Caramel, heat sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar has dissolved and the liquid has started to thicken, add miso and allow to cook for 10 minutes until thick. Remove from heat and set aside in small ramekin until needed.
- For the Dipping Sauce, combine all ingredients and stir until sugar has dissolved. Transfer to a small ramekin and set aside until needed.
Watch Full Episodes