Orange Blossom Pannacotta with Pomegranate Liquid Centre, Cinnamon Crumble, Pistachio Praline and Pomegranate Syrup
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For pomegranate liquid centres, mix pomegranate juice and xanthan gum in a bowl with stick blender until combined and thickened. Pour into small dome moulds and put into freezer to set.
- For the pannacotta, combine cream, cinnamon quill, orange blossom water and orange juice to a pot and bring to just below boiling point. Drain gelatin leaves and stir into hot cream mixture until dissolved. Strain into a jug. Cool in an ice bath. Pour into 4 x ½ cup capacity dariole moulds and refrigerate to a half set stage, about 60 minutes.
- Remove pomegranate liquid centre from the mould and place on top of a half set pannacotta, with the dome facing down. Place back into the fridge to set completely.
- For pomegranate syrup, mix sugar, water, pomegranate juice and seeds in a pot and bring to the boil. Simmer and reduce to half the volume. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- For the cinnamon crumb, mix butter and flour together with fingers until it forms small crumbs. Add sugar and cinnamon. Spread crumb mix onto a tray and bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and mix through orange zest.
- For pistachio praline, sprinkle pistachios over a line tray. Place sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. When sugar reaches a golden colour, add orange juice and stir to combine. Pour over pistachios and allow to cool and set. When set, transfer to a food processor and blitz to form crumbs.
- To serve, remove pannacotta from mould and place onto a plate. Sprinkle crumble and praline around the side of the plate, garnish with mint and pomegranate seeds. Serve syrup in a small jug on the side.
Watch Full Episodes