Pork and Prawn Dumplings with Tamari and Szechuan
These soft Prawn and Pork Dumplings are accompanied with a delicious Black Vinegar Dressing and flavour-filled Chilli Oil.
Recipe by: Red Team
Serves: 30 pieces
Rate this recipe:
- Team Challenge
- Red Team
- Bay Leaf
- Bok Choy
- Chilli Flakes
- Egg Yolk
- Grapeseed Oil
- Plain Flour
- Sesame Oil
- Shaoxing wine
- Soy Sauce
- Spring Onion
- Star Anise
- For the Dumplings, to make the dumpling dough, combine the flour, eggs, salt and 150ml water in a bowl and mix to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, cover and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, mix remaining ingredients until combined. Set aside until required.
- Pass rested dough through a pasta machine, in batches, from thickest to second thinnest setting. Using a round 8cm cutter, cut out dough into 30 rounds.
- Place a teaspoon of pork and prawn mixture into the centre of a round, fold in half and press edges to seal. Bring the 2 corners together and press to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Set aside, in fridge, until serving.
- For the Chilli Oil, place grapeseed oil in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, star anise and Sichuan peppercorns. Just before the oil starts to boil, remove from heat and set aside to infuse for about 30 minutes.
- Place chilli flakes in a bowl. Return infused oil to medium heat and once hot, strain through a fine sieve over the chilli flakes. Add sesame oil and salt, to taste. Set aside until serving.
- For the Black Vinegar Dipping Sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside until serving.
- To serve, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Place dumplings into the boiling water and cook until tender and filling is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove Dumplings with a slotted spoon and place in serving bowls. Add one tablespoon of Black Vinegar Dressing, drizzle with Chilli Oil and top with spring onions.