Recipe by: Red Team
Serves: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon coriander seeds and 1 teaspoon cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle and crush to a powder. Add 2 tablespoons salt and stir to combine.
- Place pork belly in a roasting pan. Rub skin with crushed spices. Add stock, there should be enough to cover the belly meat but not the skin. Place in the oven to cook for 90 minutes. Increase oven to 190C and continue cooking until the pork is cooked through, about another 50 minutes. Turn oven to grill setting and allow pork to grill until skin is crispy, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, place remaining coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle and crush to a powder. Add sumac and 1 teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Set aside 1 teaspoon powder for coating seeds.
- Place remaining powder in a bowl. Add pumpkin wedges and toss to coat. Place coated pumpkin on an oven tray and place in the 190C oven to bake until caramelised, about 40 minutes.
- Clean and dry pumpkin seeds. Place in a bowl with the reserved powder and toss to coat. Place coated seeds on a baking tray and place in the 190C oven to bake until golden, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, place 50ml olive oil, sherry vinegar, white wine vinegar, and garlic in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season to taste.
- Remove cooked pumpkin from oven and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Slice pork and serve with a pumpkin wedge, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add pork skin pieces and blanch for 1 minute. Remove from water and place on a rack set on a large, shallow baking tray. Place in the oven to cook, pouring fat away as necessary, until fat has rendered and skin is crispy, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place the garlic cloves on the tray in the oven to roast until soft, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven, peel.
- To make aioli, place the roasted garlic, egg yolk and mustard in a bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly add the olive oil, while whisking, until well combined and aioli is thick. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Place pumpkin seeds in a bowl, add a tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer seeds to an oven tray and place in the oven to roast until crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place paprika and salt in a bowl and stir to combine. Rub butter on corn and sprinkle with paprika mix. Place a griddle pan over high heat. Place corn on the pan to cook until soft and slightly charred, about 10-12 minutes.
- To serve, remove pork from oven, season and place on the plates. Add corn, top with aioli and finely chopped parsley. Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Watch Full Episodes