Sesame and Panko Crumbed Prawns with Wasabi Mayonnaise
If you want to experiment with a more complex but utterly worthwhile prawn dish, try your hand at Georgia's recipe.
Recipe by: Georgia Barnes - Contestant
- To prepare the prawns, combine crumbs, black and white sesame seeds and salt and pepper, to taste in a bowl.
- Dust prawns with flour, dip in beaten egg then coat well with crumb mixture. Repeat the process with all of the prawns.
- In a large pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat until it reaches 175C. Gently add 6 prawns to the oil and fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside on paper towel. Repeat with remaining prawns.
- To prepare the vegetables, add grapeseed oil, rice wine vinegar and lemon juice to a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine and season. Add radish, spring onions and mushrooms and toss to coat with the dressing. Set aside.
- To make the mayonnaise, place egg, wasabi, sugar, vinegar and salt in a large tall jug. Using a stick blender, blend ingredients until slightly thickened. Continue to blend while adding oil in thin, slow, stream, until emulsified and light in colour.
- To serve, spread some mayonnaise onto each serving plate. Place three prawns on each plate, add dressed vegetables and garnish with garlic chives.
Watch Full Episodes