Sesame Beef Tataki with Gochujang Aioli, Pickled Vegetables, Puffed Rice and Carrot Chips
Recipe by: Georgia Barnes - Contestant
- For the sesame beef, sprinkle seeds, salt and pepper onto a baking tray. Press beef into sesame seeds
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non stick pan over high heat and sear beef for 20 seconds on each side. Set aside to rest. When cooled, slice into 2mm pieces and set aside.
- For the pickle, place sugar, vinegar and water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and adjust seasoning. Reduce the amount by two thirds of the original volume. Remove from heat. Place vegetables in a bowl and pour pickling liquid over them. Leave to pickle for 5 minutes and strain. Set aside.
- For the gochujang aioli, place egg, apple cider vinegar, salt and sugar to a tall jug. Using a stick blender, gradually add grapeseed oil to the jug in a steady stream until thickened. Add gochujang, garlic and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
- For the garnish, heat oil in a small fry pan. When hot, add rice and cook until puffed. Remove from heat and drain rice on absorbent paper.
- In the same pan, add carrots to oil and fry for 10 to 15 seconds until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon oil from the pan. Add mushrooms and fry until tender. Season.
- To assemble, place beef along length of 4 rectangular plates and dot with aioli. Arrange pickled vegetables and mushrooms on top. Garnish with carrot chips and puffed rice.
Watch Full Episodes