Sticky Pork with Mango
Recipe by: Green Team
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- For the Pork Belly, remove the skin and ribs from pork belly and set aside. Cut the trimmed pork belly into 2 pieces and set aside.
- Place the cinnamon stick, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, clove and five spice into a small frypan and toast over a medium heat until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan on high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the reserved pork ribs and cook, turning, until golden brown. Add onion, ginger and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the reserved toasted spices and cook for a further minute.
- Add the soy, hoisin, kecap manis, chicken stock and 400ml water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a pressure cooker. Add the pieces of pork belly and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Release pressure then remove the pork belly from the pressure cooker and set aside on a chopping board. Strain the cooking liquid from the pressure cooker into a small saucepan and cook on high heat until reduced to a sticky sauce consistency. Remove the sauce from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Place skewers into a shallow tray of water and set aside to soak. Heat a griddle pan over high heat.
- Cut the pork belly into 2.5cm pieces. Place 2 pieces onto each soaked skewer and then grill for approximately 1 minute on each side.
- Brush the pork skewers with some of the reserved sauce then remove from pan and set aside.
- For the Mango Salsa, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix gently to combine. Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge.
- For the Pork Crackling, line a tray with baking paper. Score the pork belly skin at 5mm intervals and season with generously with salt. Place the scored skin onto the lined tray. Top with a second sheet of baking paper then top with a second tray to weigh down. Place into the oven until crisp and crackled, about 50-55 minutes. Remove from the oven and break into shards.
- To serve, Spoon some Mango Salsa onto the serving plate. Top with Pork Belly skewers and glaze with the remaining sauce. Top with some shards of Pork Crackling.
Watch Full Episodes