Recipe by: Brent Owens - Contestant
Serves: Serves 4
- Place coconut milk and lemongrass in a saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, add softened gelatine and stir until dissolved. Allow to sit to infuse for 5 minutes. Strain into an 18cm x 28cm tray and place in the freezer until set.
- To make a paste, place the ginger, chillis, garlic, fish sauce, and coriander stems into a food processor and process to a fine paste. Set aside.
- Place a grill pan over high heat. Once hot, place mango pieces on the grill and cook on both sides until marks appear. Remove mango from grill and set aside.
- Toss prawns in 1 tablespoon oil, add to grill and cook until almost cooked through. Add reserved paste and cook stirring to coat in paste until fully cooked through. Remove prawns from grill. Continue to cook paste on grill, slowly add remaining oil, stirring, until paste becomes a vinaigrette. Remove from heat, add palm sugar and lime juice and stir to combine.
- To serve, remove panna cotta from freezer and slice into 4 rectangles 7cm x 18cm and place a slice on each serving plate. Add prawns, mango and slithers of tomato. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish with coriander leaves, cashew nuts and spring onion.
Watch Full Episodes