Wallaby with Macadamia Puree
Recipe by: Reynold Poernomo - Contestant
- Preheat oven to 115C.
- In a hot pan with oil, sear the seasoned wallaby on all sides evenly. Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 10-12 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 50C-55C. Remove from oven and rest, covered. Slice wallaby and set aside.
- Place lemon myrtle and oil in a large pan and cook over a low heat (at 100C) for 10 minutes until oil is infused. Remove from heat and leave to infuse for another 30 minutes. Discard leaves and set aside.
- Place quandongs onto paper lined baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes until dried. Slice into quarters.
- In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the greens for 5 seconds and immediately plunge into an ice bath. Strain and set aside.
- Place toasted macadamia nuts in a pot with milk and cream. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Transfer to a blender and blitz, add butter and season. Pass through a sieve and set aside
- To plate, drizzle macadamia sauce over the plate and place sliced wallaby on top. Garnish with warrigal greens, quandong, finger lime and thinly sliced macadamias. Drizzle with infused oil.
Watch Full Episodes