Date Roll with Almonds and Citrus
Recipe by: Andy Ball
- Lay the halved dates close together between two sheets of greaseproof paper. Use a rolling pin to roll flat and almost transparent. Ensuring no holes form between the dates to gain a thin sheet of dates.
- Microwave the rice as per packet instructions.
- Combine and mix the rice, mint, orange zest, diced orange, cream cheese and flaked almonds.
- Place the rice mix onto the date sheet, roll over to enclose and remove the greaseproof paper. With a wet knife, remove the ends and slice the date roll in half.
- Serve the date roll with orange slices and topped with almonds and honey.