Finger Lickin’ Chicken and Chips
Recipe by: Janelle Bloom
- Preheat an oven to 220°C.
- Half fill a saucepan with vegetable oil and heat to 180°C.
- Microwave the potatoes for 3 minutes on high. Freeze the potatoes for 10 minutes to set the starch.
- Deep fry the chips for 1-2 minutes, remove from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- Combine the flour, spices and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Coat the chicken in milk and then in spiced flour.
- Heat a well-oiled pan over medium-high heat and shallow fry the chicken for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Place the chicken on a baking tray and cook for a further 5 minutes in the oven or until cooked through.
- Deep fry the chips again for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove the chips from the oil and drain on paper towel. Season the chips with salt.
- Serve the chips beside the chicken.