Inside Out Lamb Dolmades
Recipe by: Adam Swanson
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Butterfly the back strap open, place between two sheets of greaseproof paper and flatten with a meat mallet.
- Cut the back strap into 3 equal pieces and lay a vine leaf over each.
- Microwave the rice as per packet instructions and combine with dill, lemon zest, olive oil, raisins and pistachios. Place 2 tablespoons of the rice on top of each vine leaf. Tightly roll each piece of lamb to enclose the leaf and rice inside, secure with a toothpick.
- Heat an oiled pan over high heat and sear the dolmades on all sides. Transfer the pan to the oven to cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Leave the lamb to rest.