Rack of Lamb with Minted Mascarpone
Recipe by: Alastair McLeod
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat, season the lamb with salt and pepper and sear the rack for 1-2 minutes each side. Place the pan in the oven to cook lamb for a further 8-10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove lamb from the pan and allow to rest.
- Separate the fennel slices. Heat an oiled pan over high heat and sauté the pumpkin and fennel until golden. Place the pan in the oven to cook for 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Add the tomato to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, flat edge down.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, sweat the onion, garlic and fennel. Add the wine and stock, increase to a high heat and boil for 8-10 minutes or until reduced.
- In the same grill pan previously used, cook the bacon for 2 minutes each side.
- For the minted mascarpone, combine the parsley, mint, mascarpone and vinegar in a small food processor and pulse to roughly chop herbs and combine all.
- Serve the lamb rack with roasted vegetables and minted mascarpone on the side. Top the lamb with red wine jus.