Saffron Poached Pears
Recipe by: Janelle Bloom
- Combine the saffron and hot water in a small bowl to infuse. Cool.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the saffron water into the yoghurt.
- Combine the remaining saffron water, cardamom pods, caster sugar and another ½ cup of water in a pan and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Place the pears in a glass bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. Add the pears and poach for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Remove pears from the poaching liquid.
- Add the honey to the pan and still over high heat, reduce the poaching liquid to a syrup.
- Serve the pears topped with the syrup and with saffron yoghurt on the side.