Cauliflower Pizza with Eggplant and Mozzarella
Recipe by: Tobie Puttock
- Roughly chop the cauliflower florets and core and put in a food processor. Pulse until very finely chopped.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes, then drain in a fine-meshed sieve and refresh under cold running water. Tip the cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and wring out any excess moisture.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and add the egg, parmesan and a little pinch of both salt and pepper. Mix well, then wrap in plastic film and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (or up to 24 hours).
- While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 230°C. Line a 27.5 cm pizza tray with baking paper.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill plate on medium–high. Cut the eggplant lengthways into 5 mm thick slices, place on the hot barbecue or grill and cook for 3–5 minutes each side or until grill marks are visible and the eggplant is soft and pliable. Set aside.
- Remove the cauliflower dough from the fridge and use your fi ngers to press it over the lined tray so it covers the base evenly. It should be fl at and firmly pressed onto the tray. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until browned and firm to the touch.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven. Spread evenly with the Napoli sauce, then tear over the grilled eggplant and mozzarella. Lay the anchovies on top. Bake for 5–6 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble. Remove from the oven, scatter over the basil and serve right away.