Almond Crusted Snapper with Wilted Greens
Miguel makes on a healthy pre-game meal for the Brisbane Roars
Air Date: 13 Apr 2018
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Heat a large frying pan over a med-high heat. Add chopped bacon and sprinkle the shredded Swiss chard and beetroot leaves over the bacon. Add half of the oil and half of the butter. Leave to cook for 5 minutes until aromatic and bacon is crispy.
- Add the grated garlic, toss with thegreens and spreadthe mixture to the edges of the pan. Add the remaining oil and butter to the pan.
- Season the fish fillets and place in the centre of the pan.Cook for 4 minutes on one side, turn and cook for 3 minutes, or until the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Squeeze lemon over the fish and greens to deglaze the pan.Remove from the heat.
- Whilst the fish is cooking prepare the crumb. Chop the parsley and pumpkin seeds together – chopping the moist parsley with the seeds will stop them flying off the board. Add the almond meal and chia seeds, chopping to combine.
- In a bowl combine the cooked greens with the toasted almond flakes and sliced beetroot.
- To serve sprinkle some of the crumb on two plates. Top with the greens and place the fish on top. Top the fish with the remaining crumb and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.