Aunty Wahwan's Nasi Goreng
Miguel learns to make Nasi Goreng from the master of Indonesian cooking herself, Aunty Wahwan
Air Date: 24 Nov 2017
Miguel teams up with Aunty Wahwan to create an Indonesian inspired favourite. This is a traditional Asian dish bursting with different flavours and textures.
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Heat oil in a wok. Add garlic and shallots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to avoid burning.
- Add the rice, stirring to avoid it sticking to the wok. Heat through for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add chilli paste, if using, and toss to combine.
- Add salt, pepper, chicken and prawns, toss to combine. Add the kecap manis and mix through.
- Add butter and turmeric, tossing to coat evenly.
- Continue to toss the mixture until the rice starts to stick together.
- Transfer to the serving plate whilst you cook the egg.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a frying pan over a low heat.
- Break the egg into pan and fry until cooked. Flip and cook on the other side if desired.
- Place egg on top of the fried rice and serve immediately.
- Combine vegetables in a bowl.
- Just prior to service drizzle with the dressing ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chilli to serve, if using.
- Serve immediately.