Banana and Coconut Damper
Miguel is taught how to prepare a local recipe of banana and coconut damper by one of the Kowrowa Cooking volunteers Madaleen
Air Date: 07 Jul 2017
Damper pictured top left
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 1 loaf or 8 serves
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Using your fingertips, rub the banana into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add coconut milk and use a spoon to combine and then knead gently for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Wrap the damper in baking paper and then in paper foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the damper is cooked through and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Serve warm.