Bay of Islands Fish and Chips
Miguel is in New Zealand and whips up an iconic local dish, fish and chips.
Air Date: 23 Feb 2018
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 240C fan forced.
- Toss sweet potato wedges in olive oil and smoked paprika. Season generously. Spread on a lined baking tray and roast for 25-30 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the tartare sauce, by mixing the mayonnaise, capers, cornichons, dill and onion.
- To make the crumb mix the panko, crushed macadamias, dried oregano and lemon zest together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Approximately 5 minutes before the sweet potato is cooked, heat oil and butter in a frying pan. Cook the snapper fillet, basting it with the melted butter/oil mixture until cooked through.
- Remove cooked fish from the pan, brush with the tartare sauce and press gently into breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Serve hot with sweet potato wedges