Berries and Cream Crepe
Spoil your Mum this Mother's Day with Miguel's sweet and savoury crepes
Air Date: 11 May 2018
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
- Whisk together flour, milk, 2 whole eggs and an extra yolk in a large bowl until smooth.
- Place 50g of the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat, slowly melt and continue to cook until butter browns and starts to froth, giving off a nutty aroma and turning golden brown. Remove from heat and add to batter, stirring to combine.
- Add the caster sugar and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk the remaining egg white to stiff peaks. Fold gently into the batter.
- Heat ½ tbsp butter in a large frying over a medium heat until foaming. Add one ladle of the batter, tilting the pan to create an even thickness. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear and the edges start to colour. Sprinkle with sugar before flipping the crepe. Cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter and butter, as needed.
- To serve spread with whipped cream and berries and drizzle with a hazelnut spread. Serve warm.