Blueberry and Almond Tart
Using freshly-picked Australian blueberries, Miguel bakes a Blueberry and Almond Tart
Air Date: 17 Mar 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Grease a 24cm round, loose based fluted cake tin.
- Sift flour and icing sugar into a processor. Add butter. Process until crumbly. Add yolks and salt. Process until ingredients just come together. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Roll dough between two sheets of baking paper until large enough to line prepared tin. Lift dough into tin and press it into sides. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Line with baking paper. Fill with rice or baking beans to stop it rising. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove paper and the weights. Return to oven for a further 3 minutes or until tart shell is dry and lightly browned. Cool.
- To make filling, beat butter and sugar in small bowl of electric mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating between additions. Stir in almond meal, flour, rind and chocolate chips. Spoon filling into tart shell.
- Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the tip of a knife comes out clean when inserted. Cool completely.
- To serve spread the double cream on top of the tart and then arrange the blueberries on top, covering the tart completely with blueberries.