Buffalo and Kakadu Plum Stir Fry
Miguel visits the Northern Territory to cook with some of the best bush tucker around
Air Date: 01 Sep 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine meat with garlic, ginger, lemongrass and sesame oil. Mix well and leave to sit whilst you chop the vegetables.
- Heat the peanut/vegetable oil in a preheated hot wok. Add marinated meat and cook until lightly browned.
- Add cabbage, snow peas, tomatoes and okra and cook over a high heat for 2 minutes. Be sure not to overcook the vegetables, they should still be slightly crisp when served.
- Add noodles and crushed nuts to the wok and toss to mix the ingredients together.
- Add the Kakadu jam, hoisin sauce and juice of one of the limes. Toss the stir-fry to coat. Season with salt bush and pepperberry (or salt and pepper), a squeeze of lime and a few sprigs of fresh coriander. Serve hot.
Notes: - Beef can be used in place of buffalo.
- If you’re unable to get your hands on Kakadu Plum jam, you can substitute with plum or