Crunchy Soft Fish Tacos
Fresh flavours with a hint of heat, Miguel's Crunchy Soft Fish Tacos are the perfect meal for you!
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 tacos
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over a high heat.
- Sautee corn for 2 minutes, stirring from time to time, until coloured and just cooked.
- Combine sauteed corn with all other ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mortar and pestle pound together peppercorns, chili, coriander and lime juice to form a rough paste.
- Add sour cream and olive oil and stir to combine.
- Season and set aside.
- Place four on a plate. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Spread popcorn crumb onto a separate plate.
- Coat 1 piece of fish in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in beaten egg, allowing excess to drip off. Finally toss in popcorn crumb to coat. Set aside on a clean plate. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Fill a large frying pan with sunflower oil to a depth of 4cm. Heat over medium-high to 200C (a cube of bread will turn golden in 30 seconds when the oil is hot enough).
- Cook fish, in batches, for around 2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towel and season.
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed, setting aside. Using a fork, mash the avocado together in each half with lime juice, sour cream and olive oil to form a rough guacamole. To preserve greenness, return seed to centre of avocado and stick the two halves together to close until you're ready to use.
- Spread a spoonful of guacamole on the centre of one side of each soft tortilla. Place hard taco shell on centre of flour tortilla. Gently press the soft tortilla to the sides of the hard taco shell, using the guacamole as glue. Set aside and repeat with remaining taco shells and tortillas.
- To serve, spoon some salsa into the base of the hard taco, top with one or two pieces of fish and drizzle with Baja sauce. Eat immediately.