Fish en Papillote
Miguel leaves Waikiki behind and heads to the nearby neighborhood of Kaka'Ako to try some local Hawaiian cuisine
Air Date: 01 Jun 2018
Fish en Papillote is a modernised version of the traditional Hawaiian dish, LauLau. Miguel's recipe is full of flavour and is simple to make
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Preheat BBQ.
- Lay out all 4 sheets of foil and top each one with a sheet of baking paper. Fold them in half like a book and then lay them back out flat.
- To the right of each crease, place a small pile of leek, green beans, carrots and peas.
- Place a fish fillet on top of each of the piles of vegetables, season with S&P and garnish with a few tarragon leaves and chives and a pinch of lemon zest.
- Fold the left side of the foil and baking paper over the vegetables and fish and fold the top down and the bottom of the sheets up tightly.
- Turn the parcel on its side and pour a tablespoon of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of chicken stock and a squeeze of lemon in each parcel before crimping the rest of the pouch closed.
- The parcels must be tightly sealed or the steam will escape. Cook fish on BBQ for about 10-12 minutes, until fish is cooked through.