Friday: Beef Stroganoff with Roasted Mushy Pumpkin
Make your money go further with Miguel's five meals for under $100
Air Date: 02 Jun 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced.
- Deeply score the pumpkin on the flesh side, drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and season. Roast in oven until golden brown and cooked through the centre. Depending on the shape of the pumpkin this will take around 1.5 hours.
- Whilst the pumpkin in roasting, toss the diced beef in salt, pepper and paprika, coating well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan and sear the diced steak, turning to brown on all sides. Set beef aside.
- In the same pan add a dash more olive oil, one of the sliced red onions, three of the sliced gherkins and the crushed garlic. Sauté until soft.
- Return the beef to the pot, also adding stock and Worcestershire sauce. Lower heat and simmer for one hour, or until tender.
- Meanwhile heat mushrooms in a frying pan with the butter and oil until browned.
- 5 minutes before serving add the mushrooms and sour cream, stir to combine.
- Garnish the plated dish with chopped dill, the remainder of the gherkins and Spanish onion. Serve with the roasted pumpkin and lemon wedges on the side.