Green Curry Roast Chicken
Miguel gives one of Australia's most beloved dishes a Thai twist to make a fragrant and flavoursome Green Curry Roast Chicken
Air Date: 19 Oct 2018
Miguel's roasted green chicken curry recipe with seasonal vegetables.
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
Rate this recipe:
- The Living Room
- Miguel Maestre
- Baby Corn
- Brown Sugar
- Chicken Stock
- Coconut Cream
- Coconut Oil
- Ground Coriander
- Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Peanut Oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Blitz all curry paste ingredients but the butter in a food processor until a smooth paste is formed. Add diced butter bit by bit to create a smooth mixture.
- Use your fingers to loosen the chicken skin away from the breast, being careful not to pierce it. Push 2/3s of the butter mixture underneath the skin.
- Fill the cavity of the chicken with the 2 lime halves.
- Cross the legs of the chicken and secure with reserved lemongrass lengths, or with cooking twine.
- Heat coconut oil over a medium/high heat in an ovenproof casserole dish large enough to hold the chicken. Place the chicken breast side down in the casserole dish to brown the skin. Turn breast side up and add the remaining curry butter to the dish. Baste chicken skin with butter for 2 minutes, or until sizzling.
- Add coconut cream and chicken stock to the casserole dish, stirring to combine with the butter. Bring to the boil.
- Transfer casserole dish to the oven, roasting for 1hr 30m or until cooked through,basting from time to time with the curry sauce.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking time add precut vegetables to the sauce and return to the oven for final 10 minutes. Rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- To serve remove the lime wedges, squeezing the juice into the sauce. Check and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Garnish with coriander and sliced chilli and served with steamed jasmine rice.