Green Eggs and Farm Salad
Miguel visits Three Blue Ducks, just outside of Byron Bay to cook up a healthy breakfast with fresh farm produce
Air Date: 26 Apr 2019
Start off the day with this with healthy breakfast salad, featuring freshly picked produce and authentic flavours.
Recipe by: Darren Robertson
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Sautee the garlic scapes in the olive oil, adding a pinch of fennel salt and pepper. Cook until it begins to bubble and smell fragrant.
- Add the carrot tops and fronds/dill and cook for a further minute.
- Push greens to one side of the pan and break the eggs on top of them and fry until cooked to your liking, seasoning with fennel salt and pepper.
- Add additional teaspoon of olive oil to the other half of the pan and add the 2 bread slices, cooking until golden brown on each side. This can be done in two batches depending on the size of your frying pan.
- Meanwhile make the farm salad by combining all ingredients in a bowl and tossing to combine.
- To serve take two plates, placing one piece of toast on one side of each plate, topping with two eggs. Place the dressed salad on the other side of the garnish with herbs and flowers, if desired.