Miguel's Banana Bread
Miguel visits a banana plantation in Coffs Harbour and shares his signature banana bread recipe
Air Date: 04 Aug 2017
Try Miguel's recipe for an original and delicious Banana Bread that makes a perfect snack
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the walnuts and cinnamon and stir until evenly combined.
- In another bowl mash the ripe bananas until smooth. Add the softened butter, leaving small visible bits in the mixture. Add the two egg yolks and maple syrup and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Take the two egg whites and beat well to fill with air. Fold gently into the banana batter
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 11cm loaf tin.
- Top with the sliced banana and drizzle with the additional maple syrup and put it in the oven to bake for 60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Notes: Overripe bananas are the key to the best tasting banana bread. They will be easier to mash, sweeter and more flavoursome. Because they have so much natural sweetness, you can use more bananas, and less sugar!