Mouth-Watering Watermelon-Glazed Pork Ribs
Serve Miguel's mouth-watering watermelon glazed pork ribs with a zesty watermelon, feta and mint salad
Air Date: 10 Nov 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat the watermelon, tomato paste, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and chillies in a saucepan over a high heat, stirring to prevent sticking to the bottom, for around one hour - until most of the liquid had evaporated and it resembles a jam like consistency.
- When reduced, season to taste with the brown sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Meanwhile season the pork ribs with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large roasting dish on the stove top and brown the racks of ribs on both sides.
- Pour the chicken stock into the base of the roasting pan and top the ribs with 1 cup of the watermelon mixture. Cover with foil and roast for 2 hours or until soft.
- Preheat your BBQ and add the pork ribs, basting with half of the remaining glaze, until caramelized and charred.
- Once cooked, cut the ribs into pieces and serve right away.