Miguel shows you how to manage your intolerances and allergies without needing to give up eating delicious food.
Air Date: 29 Jun 2018
Miguel's delicious Mushroom Bucco is a vegetarian treat
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
- Heat olive oil in a large pot large enough to hold all the field mushrooms. Sautee carrots, celery and fennel over high heat, stirring for 5 minutes or until soft and coloured. Add herbs and mushroom stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and submerge field mushrooms in stock and braise for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make gremolata by chopping together rice flakes, parsley, lemon zest and dried oregano until finely chopped. Season and set aside.
- When cooked, remove field mushrooms from the pot, remove herbs and discard.
- Using a stick blender, puree the stock and vegetables to make a thick puree.
- Cook the polenta according to instructions using 600mL of the puree. When cooked, remove from heat and stir through the vegan butter.
- Serve mushroom on top of a scoop of polenta and cover with gremolata. Serve with a wedge of lemon.