Pickled Watermelon Rind
Serve Miguel's mouth-watering watermelon glazed pork ribs with a zesty watermelon, feta and mint salad
Air Date: 10 Nov 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 x 450mL mason jars
- Cut away all but 1cm of flesh from the watermelon rind. Reserve the watermelon flesh for another use. Cut the rind into 3cm cubes.
- Bring the rest of the ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Once dissolved, add the watermelon rind and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Place a small lid or plate on top of the ring to keep it submerged in the pickling liquid, if needed.
- Transfer ring and liquid to a sterile and airtight container. Cover and chill for at least 12 hours.
- Watermelon rind can be pickled 2 weeks ahead.