Recipe by: Matt Preston
Serves: Serves: 8
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil, then cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
- When cooked, drain into a colander and set aside for a few minutes. Peel and cut into quarters.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a small saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 8 minutes.
- Pour off the water and run plenty of cold water over the eggs to prevent a grey ring forming around the yolk.
- Peel the eggs and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Mix the yoghurt and mayonnaise together and a little sugar to balance the flavour, but not so that it becomes sweet.
- Roughly chop the eggs into chunks.
- Toss the potatoes in yoghurt mayonnaise while they are still warm, sprinkle over the crisp bacon, chopped eggs, spring onions and fresh chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Notes: (Taken from Matt Preston’s 100 Best Recipes)