Ramen on the Run
Miguel has two easy, office-friendly lunch ideas
Air Date: 21 Apr 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Take a 1L jar, with a secure seal.
- For the sauce base, pour the miso, oil and sauces into the bottom of the jar.
- Next add the sliced mushrooms, followed by edamame, bok choy, spring onion and broccolini.
- Next comes the colour – carrot, corn, cabbage and then the chicken breast. Remember hot water will not cook these ingredients, it will just warm them – all protein needs to be cooked before being added to the jar, as do hard vegetables.
- Fill the rest of the jar with the cooked noodles and then close the jar securely – it is now ready to be transported to work.
- When you’re ready to eat lunch boil the kettle and preheat the sandwich press. Fill the jar with boiling water and turn upside down to ensure it heats evenly. Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the soup is sitting fry an egg on the sandwich press.
- Decant the soup ingredients into a large bowl and top with the fried egg.