Strawberry and Custard Apple Cheesecake
Miguel shows you how to manage your intolerances and allergies without needing to give up eating delicious food.
Air Date: 29 Jun 2018
For a rich and creamy dessert try Miguel's Strawberry and Custard Apple Cheesecake
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
- To make the jelly blend the strawberries together with the water and strain the mixture into a saucepan.
- Add the agar to the strawberry mixture and heat over a low heat until it comes to the boil. Whisk the mixture to dissolve the agar.
- Restrain the mixture and pour it into a brownie tray lined with clingwrap. Put in fridge overnight to set.
- For the base blend the dates and peanut butter together in a food processor to form a paste. Add a splash of water as needed to loosen the mixture so it blends.
- Mix the shredded coconut and coconut sugar through the paste.
- Line the same sized tray used for the jelly with baking paper. Press the coconut and date paste firmly and evenly into the tray. Set overnight in the freezer.
- For the filling blend together the custard apple flesh, cashews and coconut cream until smooth, around 2 – 3 minutes. Fold through the coconut sugar.
- Line the same sized trays as for the jelly and the base, with plastic wrap. Fill it with the custard apple mixture and smooth top to evenly fill the tray. Set in freezer overnight.
- Just before ready to serve take a large chopping board and place the base layer in the centre, leaving the paper on, between the chopping board and the base. Top carefully with the filling layer, lining up the edges neatly. Finally top with the jelly layer, stacking all three evenly on top of one another, leaving the cling wrap on top.
- Cut the cake across into 2cm strips. Plate the cake, carefully remove cling wrap and baking paper from each side. Garnish with diced strawberries and strawberry powder if desired and serve.