Sweet Potato Stuffed Beef and Wild Rice Salad
Miguel makes an energy-packed meal to fuel some long-distance swimmers
Air Date: 27 Mar 2015
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the sweet potatoes onto a tray and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt. Place in the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven and cool, scoop out the flesh, place in a bowl and mash roughly with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, stir through the parsley and pistachios.
- Place a sheet of baking paper onto a chopping board, place minute steaks on top, place another sheet of paper onto the meat and gently bash until thin. Cut each piece in half. Top each with a small amount of the sweet potato mixture and roll into cigar shapes.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over a high heat. Sear the beef rolls, turning occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until browned all over. Place into an ovenproof dish.
- Place passata and ¾ of the tomatoes, garlic, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil into a food processor and process until combined but retaining some texture. Season. Pour over the beef and grate over the parmesan. Place the remaining tomatoes on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Place the baby kale, brown rice, wild rice, chickpeas and nuts in a large bowl and carefully combine. Place the mustard and two tablespoons of olive oil in a small jar, squeeze in the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, screw on the lid and shake to combine. Pour over the salad just before serving.
- Serve the beef with the salad to the side.